Thursday, April 4, 2013

Little Victories

Somedays we should get a medal for successfully getting out of bed. We should get promotions (and raises) if we manage to not kill anyone! I am very glad that today was a day off because I'm looking for anything and everything that I can claim as a win. The reason is fairly simple: Spring has arrived! What that means for me is that the pressure outside is changing and I have a migraine. It didn't help that I woke up convinced that there was a barefoot burgler in our apartment at about 5:45 this morning. Don't ask me why the imaginary burgler was barefoot, he just was. Needless to say, today has not been my most productive day.

Still, our application for our Community Sponsored Agriculture basket went out today (more on that later!), and I did the dishes. That's got to count for something. Plus our taxes are done, and I have found not one but 2 scrumptious flourless cake recipes that I am going to get to try out in the next few weeks (one is a chocolate and the other is a meringue-based). I think that even though I didn't do exactly what I had wanted to today, I'm still going to count this day a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment